Remember me

TOPIC:

Head Torches Winter 2021 1 year 2 months ago #1961

• Dom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I was asked about head torches tonight.
Alpkit have a range of very reasonable units for people who don't think they want to spend a lot/wouldn't use one much, the Gamma is their most popular model, modest output but good enough for Thursday nights.
alpkit.com/collections/head-torches

More rugged and hard wearing as they tend to be an aluminium tube with an 18650 Li-on rechargeable battery and much higher power are to be found here www.torchdirect.co.uk/1000-to-1499-lumens-head-torch.html
I have the previous model of this one (but it was about half the price when I bought mine)
www.torchdirect.co.uk/1000-to-1499-lumen...-led-head-torch.html

This one looks reasonable and includes a Lithium battery that seems to be directly chargeable via USB-C like a phone www.torchdirect.co.uk/1000-to-1499-lumen...-led-head-torch.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Dom.

Head Torches Winter 2021 1 year 2 months ago #1967

• Dom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I have a couple of headtorches that I had forgotten about if people want them.
LED Lenser H7R2 rechargeable 300 lumens. www.amazon.co.uk/Lenser-LED7298-H7R-2-Re...e-Head/dp/B00FYVF62C
Alpkit Prism 550 550 lumens torch - the drawback with this is although very compact and light, it uses 2 * CR123A lithium 3 Volt batteries and these cannot be replaced with rechargeables as these are generally 3.7 Volts. There are rumours of a rechargeable 3 Volt CR123 which seem very hard to track down.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Dom.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds