Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Triathlon / Duathlon / Cycling

TOPIC: Chilly duathlon 2016 - Sunday 21st Febuary 11:45

Chilly duathlon 2016 - Sunday 21st Febuary 11:45 15 Feb 2016 13:42 #16905

• RichW
  • Thank you received: 28
Has anyone else from the club entered or fancy racing? Myself, Ian and Fran will be racing. For anyone that hasn't raced at Castle Combe race circuit before, it's a perfect venue for a duathlon. It's all closed roads and a great season warm up.
The distance is 2m run, 10m bike and 2 mile run, so great for novices or a short blast. Also at 10am there is a flat and fast 10k around the circuit, if anyone fancied that instead.
Enter here
Last Edit: 15 Feb 2016 13:42 by RichW.

Chilly duathlon 2016 - Sunday 21st Febuary 11:45 17 Feb 2016 01:04 #16913

• SimonT
  • Thank you received: 2
Would like to do it but already entered the Hoka one trail half marathon in Margam park on the same day.

Chilly duathlon 2016 - Sunday 21st Febuary 11:45 22 Feb 2016 15:33 #16939

• RichW
  • Thank you received: 28
I braved the horrendous conditions to race yesterday. I wasn't feeling to positive after feeling awful at Cardiff parkrun the day before struggling to break 19 minutes.
I took the first run a bit cautious, coming in in 16th place. Onto the race bike for the first time this year, I started to claw back some positions. The wind was crazy, a few times nearly getting blown of the course and a lot of back wheel slippage on the wet race track.
I was told I was in 4th place going back out onto the run. 2nd and 3rd not far ahead and 5th and 6th not far behind. I took a bit of a tumble coming down a muddy bank as 5th place overtook. The fall winded me a bit, ended up in 6th place. I won first Vet and they time each lap and I also won overall fastest lap.
Not to bad for a very average performance.
RESULTS
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

By: Stectech

Web Design Company

Website/Forum login

Search this website

Go to top

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information